BetterSnapTool 1.9.5 is a handy app that allows you to easily manage your window positions and sizes by either dragging them to one of the screen’s corners or to the top, left or right side of the screen. This enables you to easily maximize your windows, position them side by side or even resize them to quarters of the screen. If you need even more than those standard snap areas, BetterSnapTool now allows you to create your own, custom snap areas anywhere on your display.
The tool is highly customizable, as it allows users to make changes upon the general use of the tool, the appearance and keyboard shortcuts. This feature-rich application provides a wide variety of keyboard shortcuts to be used for different actions. In my testing, I found the keyboard shortcuts to be time-saving and very useful. Users can define personal snap regions that will make any window they drop in the region resize or maximize.
BetterSnapTool 1.9.5 For M1 MacBook Key Features
- If you need even more than those standard snap areas, BetterSnapTool now allows you to create your own, custom snap areas anywhere on your display.
- To be even more productive you can also set custom keyboard shortcuts in order to move and resize your windows.
- Because there are so many positions available, BetterSnapTool can also pop up an overview menu from which you can select the one position you want.
- You can also customize what should happen after right-clicking one of the buttons on the top left of a window.
More features included are:
- move or resize the window below the cursor while holding customizable modifier keys.
- select what happens when double-clicking a window’s title bar
- BetterSnapTool is very customizable and will change the way you work with your Mac!
- It supports multiple monitors, hidden docks, etc..
- You can change the design of the preview overlays and even set application-specific snapping sizes!
- BetterSnapTool works with almost every application, only some apps with non-standard windows can’t be supported.
What’s new in BetterSnapTool
- Improved support for Apple Silicon / M1
- macOS Big Sur compatibility improvements
- Fixed missing menubar icon on older versions of macOS
- Intel 64
- Mac OS X 10.7.0 or later